Hang the stockings by the chimney with care. Decorate the tree with glee. Then spread joy with holiday houseplants.
After all, the halls aren’t decked until the houseplants arrive! Houseplants can stand alone or complement other holiday decor. Plus, their lively blooms, colors and smells are the definition of holiday cheer!
Houseplants make sweet gifts to give — and even sweeter gifts for you to get yourself!
Below is everything you need to know about holiday houseplants.
Holly, Jolly Holiday Houseplants
Start with the perfect holiday houseplant! The rest is easy.
1. Festive Poinsettia. No other houseplant captures the Christmas spirit more than poinsettias.
2. Cheerful Christmas Cactus. Red and green all over, this flowering houseplant is super easy to care for and bursts with sweet, red blooms all season.
3. Amazing Amaryllis. Bold, stunning and elegant, amaryllis delight with vibrant red and snowy white blooms.
4. Nifty Norfolk Island Pine. These petite Christmas trees are simply darling! Plus, they can grow up to 12’ tall if properly cared for!
5. Charming Cyclamen. Cyclamen’s heart-shaped red or pink flowers instantly fill spaces with love.
Keep Your Holiday Houseplants Happy
- Package It Up. Add your personal touch by potting your houseplant in a container matching your holiday decor. Have fun with it! Tie a bow around it, or paint the pot with chalkboard paint.
- Season’s Soil. Add a bit of organic fertilizer, then fill the pot with organic potting soil.
- Let It Shine. Read the plant tag to see how much sunlight and water your holiday houseplant needs.
- Feast on Food. Enjoy more of those beautiful blooms. Feed with Indoor! every 3-4 weeks during periods of active growth, usually from March through September.
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by placing a holiday houseplant here and here! Enjoy those blooming beauties all season.