For most of us, the outdoor gardening season is winding down. Yet, we want to keep that green thumb moving!
Channel your gardening energy indoors. A green-filled oasis awaits you! Add a few indoor plants today!
Top 3 Reasons Why You Can Never Have Enough Houseplants
Plants add a pop of color and a burst of life to spaces. But, they do even more.
- Pollution Solution. Indoor plants scrub the air clean by removing toxins, according to NASA research. Houseplants remove 87 percent of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are in everything from rugs and grocery bags to paint and vinyl.
- Find Your Focus. Houseplants increase well-being by 47 percent, increase creativity by 45 percent and increase productivity by 38 percent, according to new research.
- Combat Colds. Powerful indoor plants can reduce fatigue, coughs, sore throats and other cold-related illnesses by more than 30 percent, found the University of Agriculture in Norway.
Caring for Houseplants is Easy
Houseplants provide us with all those benefits and ask for very little in return. Here’s all they need!
- Strong Soil. Organic potting soil packed with nutrients, enriched with Myco-tone® and fortified with worm castings sets houseplants up for success. Whether you’re planting new or repotting old plants, use an organic soil.
- Light It Right. Check your plant tag to see how much sun your plant needs.
- Wow with Water. Water most houseplants when the top of the soil feels dry. Only water succulents and cacti when the soil is completely dry.
- Fuel with Organic Fertilizer. Add an organic indoor plant fertilizer when planting new houseplants. Fertilize houseplants with an organic fertilizer such as Gro-tone during active periods of growth. This is usually during the spring and summer.
Those happy houseplants will make you smile every day! Check out Espoma’s “Houseplant” Pinterest board for more inspiration and ideas!