Raised Bed Mix
Create the ideal growing environment for all raised bed plantings.
Enhanced with alfalfa, kelp & feather meal
With Myco-tone mycorrhizae.
For use on:
Use for all raised bed plantings.
When to use:
Use to fill raised beds for organic gardening.
How much to use:
Fill the raised bed with Espoma Organic Raised Bed Mix.
Add the appropriate amount of Bio-tone® Starter Plus for the area. Mix thoroughly.
Plant seeds or live plants following package directions or tag instructions.
Water thoroughly after planting, then as needed until plants are established.
Begin regular fertilizer program 30 days after planting.
|How Many Bags Do I Need?|
|Area (Sq. Ft.||6″ Deep Bed||12″ Deep Bed||20″ Deep Bed|
|2 ft x 2 ft Bed||2 Bags||3 Bags||5 Bags|
|4 ft x 4 ft Bed||6 Bags||11 Bags||18 Bags|
|4 ft x 8 ft Bed||11 Bags||22 Bags||36 Bags|
How to apply:
Some tips for raised bed growing:
- Design raised beds no wider than 4 feet with space all the way around for easy access.
- Avoid walking on the soil to prevent compaction.
- Mulch after planting to control weeds and keep soil moist.
- Consider a soaker hose for watering. This waters the soil and avoids wetting the leaves of your
- Plant a cover crop such as annual ryegrass in the fall. This can prevent erosion and add nutrients. Simply work the cover crop into the soil the following spring prior to planting.
In 1.5 Cubic Foot Bags
This product contains 60-70% processed forest products, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, humus, limestone to adjust pH, earthworm castings, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, feather meal, & yucca extract.
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi: A total of 122.8 propagules / cc (3.4 million propagules per cubic foot) of the following 3 species:
Pisiolithus tinctorius 105.66
Rhizopogon luteolus 8.57
Rhizopogon roseolus 8.57
Endomycorrhizal Fungi: A total of 0.072 propagules / cc (2,040 propagules per cubic foot) of the following 4 species
Rhizophagus irregularis 0.018
Septoglomus deserticola 0.018
Claroideoglomus etunicatum 0.018
Funneliformis mosseae 0.018