Natural & Organic Fertilizer for all Palm and Hibiscus.
- Produces deep green foliage and larger hibiscus blooms
- Formulated from university recommendations
- Long lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone Microbes
- 100% natural & organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges
For use on:
For all Palms, Hibiscus and Tropical Plants
When to use:
Feed every three months
How much to use:
Feeding Established Palms
Calculate the area beneath the branches of the tree and feed at a rate of 3 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. of area (1 cup per 10 sq. ft.). Apply evenly around the outer edge of the branches of the tree and mix into the soil.
Feeding Established Hibiscus
Follow rates in the chart below and sprinkle the plant food under the outer edges of the branches. Mix into the soil and keep the plant food at least 6″ from the trunk. Water thoroughly after each application.
|Tree Height||Amount (lbs.)||Amount (cups)|
|Very Small||1/4 lb.||3/4 cup|
|Small||1/2 lb.||1 1/2 cups|
|Medium||1 lb.||3 cups|
|Large||1 1/2lb.||4 1/2 cups|
How to apply:
- Dig a hole twice as wide and the same depth as the root ball. Remove 1/3 of the soil and replace it with compost, peat moss or a good planting mix.
- Mix 1 cup of Espoma Palm-tone into the amended soil.
- Set the root ball in the hole and back-fill with the amended soil. After settling, the soil level next to the trunk should be at the same level at which the tree grew in the nursery field or container.
- Water thoroughly after planting. Check soil moisture regularly and water as needed.
Feeding Established Palm & Hibiscus
- Fertilize around the drip line of the tree.
- Water thoroughly. Check soil moisture regularly and water as needed.
Available in 4 lb. Bags
1 pound equals approx. 3 cups.