It’s the middle of October but we’ve already had our fair share of pumpkin spice lattes, autumn soup and pumpkin bread. Yet, we haven’t indulged in our absolute favorite pumpkin activity — carving!
Nothing beats picking a pumpkin right from the patch and envisioning how different it will soon look. With so many different pumpkin decorating ideas, each pumpkin is now a true work of art.
We’re inviting you to share your masterpiece pumpkin in our “Pumpkin Decorating Contest.” You could win $250!
Here’s how to enter the Espoma Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
- Like Espoma on Facebook.
- Click the Contest Tab.
- Before November 3, post a picture of your decorated pumpkin. That’s right, it doesn’t have it be carved. Get funky! Paint your pumpkin, dress it up, or decoupage it! As long as it’s decorated for Halloween, your pumpkin’s ready for its worldwide debut.
- Share your photo with friends and family. Encourage your Facebook friends to vote for you. . A panel of judges will then choose the winner from the photos with the most “Likes”
- “Like” your favorite entries!
- Drumroll please! The winner, selected on November 3rd, wins $250.
Below are a few of our favorite pumpkin and gourd decorating ideas.
- Pattern Play. With just a few thumbtacks, your pumpkin becomes très chic.
- Pumpkin Planter. Talk about the perfect centerpiece for fall dinner parties.
- Platinum Pumpkins. These painted pumpkins are unexpected and easy, too.
- Make a Mumkin. Because mums and pumpkins simply belong together.
- Go Au Natural. Decoupage a pumpkin with found leaves.
- Ghostly Gourds. We’ve never seen a gourd look scarier!
- Pumpkin Dress-Up. Turn your pumpkin into a pirate. Kids love this!
- Next Level Jack-O-Lanterns. Leave it to Martha Stewart to cultivate the most unique pumpkin carving ideas!
While you’re working, save those seeds and pumpkin insides! We see some tasty pumpkin soup and roasted pumpkin seeds in your future.