Laura from Garden Answer shows you how to bring the outdoors in for the winter months. Make this easy potted plant snow globe using succulents and Espoma’s organic cactus mix. Ask kids to help make these tiny globes or make them yourself. They’re perfect for holiday decor or to give as gifts to the plant lover in your life.
Here are the basics:
- Gather your winter crafting materials, paint, potting soil, globe ornament, fairies, ribbons and succulents. Choose a small container such as a terracotta pot to serve as your base.
- Paint container and let dry.
- Fill with Espoma’s Cactus Mix
- Cut a large opening in clear ornament
- Drill a small hole in the ornament for air flow and to water succulents with an eye dropper
- Add a miniature toy, fairy and/or succulents
- Make it feel like the holidays by adding faux snow
- Tie a ribbon or string around the container and finish with a bow.
Want to see more? Check out our YouTube channel!