The brightest part of winter may just be decorating your home for the season. Your holiday decorating doesn’t have to be the same every year and holiday houseplants aren’t just limited to poinsettias. Switch it up by incorporating easy-care succulents and brightening up your living spaces for the holidays.
Check out our holiday succulent roundup for eight ideas to add natural festive touches to your décor. The possibilities are endless.
8 Ways to Decorate with Succulents for Winter:
- Succulent centerpiece: Add succulents to your centerpiece and give your holiday party a farm-to-table look with this tablescape DIY.
- Succulent kissing ball: Update the traditional mistletoe with succulents.
- DIY Terrarium Ornaments: Go all out and add these mini landscapes to your tree. It’s easier than it looks and you can repurpose the plants when the season is over.
- Copper-dipped terrarium: Tap into the copper décor trend by adding the hue to your terrarium. Give as gifts or use in your home. A terrarium will hold up long after the ugly sweaters and ornaments have been hidden away.
- Holiday succulent arrangement: Use evergreen clippings from cedar and holly garden clippings to make this festive succulent arrangement. Use clippings in wreaths, outdoor planters and indoor arrangements while you’re at it.
- Recycled Succulent Tins: These recycled paint-dipped cans make perfect gifts for everyone from teachers to hostesses. This DIY is perfect for little hands and the finished project will last long beyond the holidays.
- A Magnolia Cone & Succulent Wreath: No glitter, sequins or shiny ornaments used here. This succulent wreath will surely please holiday guests.
- Make a living succulent tree: Make a living succulent tree using this quick DIY video. Bonus, it makes great décor beyond just the holidays.
Brown thumbs can easily turn green. Learn more about caring for houseplants here.